About Me

My photo
Hiya guys! I'm Pixie, a happy, ditzy and sometimes clumsy 23 year-old! I'm happily engaged and getting married in February 2012 Yey! :D I live in Finland and I'm a sweedish speaking Fin, so I'm fluent in both Swedish and Finnsih. I love my life with all it's flaws and try to enjoy every second of it ^^

Monday 29 August 2011

Pixie's Green Tea Facial Scrub


You guys should know that I absolutely LOVE tea! <3



I drink at least two cups every day! Did you know that tea is really healthy and good for you? Especially green tea. It is rich in antioxidants which helps your body to get rid of all kinds of toxicns and stuff that your body needs to get rid of. So I recommend at least one cup of tea a day to everybody ^^

But tea is not only good when taken inwardly -you can use the left over tea to make a facial-scrub!


Here is my favourite green tea facial scrub:

Here's what you'll need:





*2 tablepoons of green tea




 * 3 tablespoons of sugar










* 1 teaspoon of  lemon (or a few drops of lemon oil)












* 1 teaspoon of honey







As I said, the green tea is rich in antioxidants which clears out toxins and rejuvinates the skin. It is also a skin calmer and healer so a person with sensitive skin can really benefit from it! The sugar exfoliates the skin, which means it peels of excess dead skin cells, removes scarring and helps you skincells renewing this makes your face softer and smoother. The lemon works as a cleanser, killing bacteria that causes spots and blackheads. The honey is (like green tea) also rich in antioxidants and has good healing qualities, while it also works as a mosturizer. So...


Here's how you'll do:

1) Make your green tea -either loose or in a bag, doesn't really matter. I prefer to use ecological green tea
since there are no extra preservatives in it. Make your tea strong with only 1/4 cup of water. Leave it to cool untill it's luke warm.

2) Add 2 tablespoons of sugar in a small cup or container and add the 2 tablespoons of cool or luke warm green tea. Stirr it a bit.

3) Add another table spoon of sugar. The consistency shoul now remind a bit of wet sand. If the sugar is melting it means your tea is too hot.

4) Add the lemon and honey into the mixture and stirr.

5) Let it cool in refridgirator for about half an hour and it's ready!

6) Wash your hands and rinse your face with cool water

7) Use your fingers (not palms!) to massage the green tea facial scrub in circualr emotions allover your face, avoiding the sensitive areas around the eyes.

8) Massage for about 2-3 minuter (never more than 5) and rinse of with cool water.

 9) Finnish of with a bit of toner (for example green tea mixed with a tablespoon of lemon)

TaDaa! :D And you' re done! Your face should now feel clean and smooth :)


_____________________________________________________________

That's my green tea facial scrub... Hope you enjoyed ;)

-Pixie xxx-


No comments:

Post a Comment